Thursday, June 19, 2008

Trying to Resist



School is out. The Bar Mitzvah Boy did us proud at the award ceremony. The house plants moved to deck and porch are bursting with new growth. And that big shining orb in the sky is kissing us with promises of light clothing and dips in the water. 

What better way to celebrate the delights of summer than using my increasing stash of resist papers? In my frenzy to find more paper I tore apart a Trader Joe's grocery circular and used that. The newsprint absorbs paint like a sponge making for an interesting effect. I also cut up my Land's End kids catalog since The Bar Mitzvah Boy is nearing six feet. (Wasn't I still ordering from this catalog last year? Sheesh!) And while I'm at it, no use resisting (ahem!) that new circle punch I got with my JoAnn's coupon. Add some of the waxed paper I use to protect the counter when I paint, and voila! A sunshine celebration. Hope you're having one, too. 

Happy Summer Solstice! 


Into the Waves


Ocean Spray


What's the story, Morning Glory?

And while I'm thinking of it, check out the following post in tribute to Fathers Day. Love these resist papers!


6 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

What a beautiful use of those great papers ! I love the circle punch polka dots ! Like bubbles of water from a pool flying about. Very fun !
Kim

Jodi Peary said...

Your resist papers are brimming with creative energy and joy! Love " what's the story morning glory?" Wow...6 feet at 13...I am amazed that my 13 year old is 5'5" and one of the tallest, as back in the day he was the shortest in his class. May your son continue to reach new heights with his bar mitzvah and you with your art.
jodi

Rosie said...

Wow!! I love what you've done with your resist papers! I'm saving mine jealously, waiting for the right ATC project or book project - I wouldn't want to waste the good stuff, would I?!! ;-]

susan w said...

These are lovely! Exciting & lively pages, with an orginal look to them. Once again, thanks for the inspirations

Kathryn Costa said...

You have captured the fun of summer. Your compositions are fresh and delightful. Thank you!

moi said...

fabulous!!! great use of your resist papers. your pages are screaming summer. very nicely done!