Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This week's virtual commute

Photo by Damon Winter of the New York Times

I'm commuting to Colorado this week. 

It's hard not to be stuck like glue to the TV, drinking up history. 

Granted, my political leanings tilt in favor of the Mile High excitement, but still. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could point to this moment in history and say, this is when it all changed. This is when the country grew up and came together. This is when we put race aside and buried the demons of prejudice at last.

A dream, perhaps. But I'm feeling pretty dreamy this week. 

1 comment:

Kathryn Costa said...

Where in Colorado are you heading? I lived there for 12 years. Thanks for the comments on my blog. I had a wonderful vacation and an art journal filled with pages that I love. I've started posting them for a little show and tell.