Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Purim!


Before I forget -- Happy Purim everyone! I didn't want the day to go by unremarked, so I'm cheating a bit and offering the cover of the program I created for tonight's celebration. If you're unfamiliar with the holiday, Purim has elements of Mardi Gras (revelry and silliness) and Halloween (costumes and sweets -- although we give instead of get them). And then there's the heroine, Queen Esther. Our celebration will include story telling in the form of song (called a Purim spiel), entertainment with hamantaschen pastries and ice cream sundaes to follow.

On the holiday fun-o-meter, this one rates near the top.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go find a costume. I would hate to deprive my offspring of an opportunity to roll his eyes in public.

Brushes courtesy of www.obsidiandawn.com and brusheezy.com.

2 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Happy Purim ! How you and the offspring have a blast ! Can't wait to here what you came up with for a costume...

Kim
ox ox

Anonymous said...

Happy Purim!!