Saturday, September 5, 2009

What I did on my summer vacation -- Part Uno


So nice of you to drop in to see our vacation photos.

Did I mention that we took the ferry from Bridgeport, CT, to Port Jefferson on Long Island, NY to spend a weekend with family? Yes? Oh, good. Let's get started.

Benji, get the lights!

Here's our route:


And here's Benji as we pulled out of Bridgeport Harbor. It was a gray and wet day when we left. Tropical Storm Danny was stirring up trouble. Were we worried? Nah. As long as it wasn't too windy and there wasn't lightning, we're game.


I think it wasn't more than 60 degrees.


The trip isn't about an hour and 20 minutes. I loved all the blue-gray wildness of the ocean.


Before you knew it, there was the harbor at Port Jefferson.


Look at these adorable tugboats. I thought of my 3-year-old nephew, Sammy, when I took them. He loves Thomas the Tank Engine's tugboat friends.

And I guess they love little kids too. It wasn't until I downloaded these photos that I realized there was a child's picnic table on the boat. What a surprise!


The drive from the ferry was another hour and a half, but we went straight to greet the ocean.


You could say we were happy to be there.

More photos in the next installment. Iced tea anyone?

4 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Your journey was fun and your destination a great one ! Can't wait to see more. You tell a fine tale, Miss JeriAnn !
Bigs hugs, lovely Lady !

Seth said...

Love that last photo. Talk about jumping for joy!!

athomethinkingwoman said...

It's worth it just for the ferry ride.

Unknown said...

oh yeah...that ocean! more summer vacation pics please