Friday, October 30, 2009

And there it was

Last Friday on my way home from teaching my Memoir Writing class, I stopped to take a few photos. As I turned to go back to my car I saw this house. It was as if it had been dropped in by a Hollywood set designer. Why hadn't I seen it before?


It immediately reminded me of our friend Michelle Ward and her love of things Gothic and interesting.


I was amazed as I drew closer -- ravens on the railing?

And the lanterns -- part Poe, part Addams family.


And in the ornamentation around the front door there are bits of mirror. Imagine how they must sparkle and glitter in the lamp light as dusk descends.

And the black wrought iron fence. The perfect Halloween house.
I've been by a thousand times and never saw it before. Do you think it will still be there when All Saints Day rolls around?

Or will it vanish with a gasp of moonglow in the night?

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

This has happened to me before ! I guess you were just looking at the world with different eyes today !
Happy Halloween, JeriAnn !

Julie Prichard said...

WOW What a beautiful house...I wish we could go in! Happy Halloween!!

Unknown said...

Wow is right...ravens on the rail, how great is that!